Sunday, November 3, 2013

Going up

Chaos is everywhere, especially with children. Because of my experiences with clay and ceramics, and all of the unpredictability the processes first presents I feel like I've learned to better handle stress and unpredictable events. My goal for this install project is to create a space that is chaotic or unpredictable while still expressing or invoking a type of calmness and acceptance of this chaos.

I will work with wet slabs. Hang them as cylinders on a nail and let their shape depend on the slab itself and other nails I might introduce. Some slab cylinders will fall. Those will stay where they fall as a reminder that that particular cylinder was a part of the pieces on the wall.

At this point I'm just working and taking what may come. Hoping this looks decent when I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment