Sunday, August 31, 2014

First blog of my last year as an undergrad.

For the throwing project this semester I want to push myself. I want to make more lightweight pots by paying attention to wall thickness. I am trying to be more delibrate in how my lids, handles, spouts, texture, etc. fit together to make a cohesive form.
I would like to make a few different types of iced tea pitchers. I plan on them having lids but after looking though other pictures I think I will try to make a couple without lids and a type of stopper for just the ice itself. I would like to have four mugs or tumblers for each pitcher I make. Realisticly I think I can complete 4 pitchers with 4 sets of 4 cups.
I'm hoping to carry through the forms and texture that I experimented with the past couple of semesters but plan to alter them as well. Hoping to be inspired.
Here's what I have after week 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment