Sunday, September 7, 2014

Home studio & throwing progress

This weekend I worked on tracking down a wheel for my home work space and some wood and supplies for shelving. Need to clear out my nook and start measuring and sawing. Ordering my wheel as soon asap and should have it by the end of the week.

I made plans with Dan to mix up some new flameware Tuesday. I want to get some stuff made with this! I must find a way to work in some time for my cookware prices. Wanting to make pizza stones, bread pans and skillets.

I didn't get to put in as much time as I hoped to this weekend. I managed to get in my 6 hours today, but extra dry clay made it difficult to wedge and get forms pulled up. I'm going to have to mix it in with a new batch tomorrow in class, and put in some extra hours tomorrow. Looking forward to some fresh clay!

I'm going to try to alter a cylinder for a different type of tea pitcher. I liked the mug in class the other day that was cut and overlaped back together. I've thrown a cylinder that widens at the top. Planning on cutting three times then overlapping. Handle will be on one side and spout will be the opposite corner. Wanting to make time to have a matching set of mugs. Hoping to have 2 orignal sketches and 2 altered, with at least 4 mugs for both ideas (8 total). But I'd really like to have 4 per pitcher. Maybe that's too ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment