Sunday, September 14, 2014

Tea pitchers

Slowly and steadly completing tea pitchers. I already have two finished that need to be bisqued and 4 mugs to match them. I worked on overlapping two others to make a three point pitcher but didn't like how they turned out. My walls twards the base were too thick to overlap nicely. I'm worried about cracking. I'm considering finishing a handle for one although I hate it.
I threw my first 10 lb ball of clay tonight and really liked the hight I got from it but it was hard to throw the walls nice and thin without it crashing and burning. For this one I will pull the spout of the rim then attach an ice cube catcher similar to the one below. I want to get one more 10lb pitcher thrown and would like to have 4 more mugs but Im not sure that will happen. Hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment