Sunday, October 19, 2014

Tajine and Woodfire

I've had a lot going on this week. Trying to get everything that I want woodfired made and working on tajines. I've made two so far because of everything else I made for the Woodfire. I like the tajine on the left in the pic. I like the wider top instead of it being skinny but I want to make one with the lid walls straighter instead of bowed out. Ill try to make the next two like that. Then move on to a double tajine or a tajine with a divider in the middle. I really hope to get some mini microwaveable stoneware tajines. I'm thinking something like a soup bowl I made a while back with a lug handle but with a tajine type lid. The lids have proved challenging to trim because of the tall cone shape and I broke a piece of the rim off of one. I was able to reattach it but I'm not sure if it'll hold. Flameware is supposed to be finnikie so we'll see.

I was also wanting to make something for bfa that correlates with the color of playdoh and how Dalton tends to mix the colors. If I choose to use those pieces I'd like some of my pieces to incorporate the same colors and twisted color patters that come with mixing playdoh. I saw an article a while back about layering colored blocks of clay and compressing them with a rolling pin to make slabs. Then using the slabs to lay over a built form. I might try something like that. Or just wedging some different color clay together and throw something with it. Ill probably just stick to mugs bowls or plates. I need more plates so those should be first on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment