Sunday, September 30, 2012

multiples nearly complete

my vessel chandelier project idea has undergone a slight modification... I couldn't for the life of me manage to throw a vessel talker than a few inches.I am also having to substitute candles for lights instead of a bulb as orignaly planned...so my chandeliers have become more like lanterns. But I'm considering combining a couple to make them a little taller. I plan to assemble all of the slices with a thin copper wire wrapping around them opposed to a rope or type of thick string. Everything is cut and ready for assembly tomorrow. I was in a rush and forgot to take pictures tonight. They will be up tomorrow morning. While cutting my thrown pieces that I had worked so hard on, I had thoughts on other ways I might like to do in the future. I would like to cut out patterns on future thrown pieces to make them more decorative...I think the shadows cast on walls would be interesting. I enjoy patterns. I've also been thinking on ways to incorporate senses into my work...particularly the since of smell. I will keep these things in mind...as well as the previous project. I liked the swinging motion being present...might try to think of a way to incorporate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment