Thursday, September 6, 2012

to swing

Attempt #2 went pretty good if I do say so myself.
I got smaller balloons. Water balloons this time.
I also got a black piece of fabric. For good contrast.
I filled up the balloons this time with a cake decorator thing (really specific I know).
I tied my balloons up, tied a piece of ribbon to it. Then poked a hole in the bottom end of it and let it swing.

 It was much easier with smaller balloons.
I liked the end result a lot better than I thought I would.
Then a thought struck me....It needs color!
So I initially thought food coloring but was afraid the color wouldnt bee as prominant as I wanted it to be.
Then I was like duh! Paint!
So I put paint in the cake decorator then shook it up and filled up my balloon, then tried again.
Awesome idea!


This is with the tan slip color, slip + blue, and slip + red.
The red balloon ended up slipping off of my ribbon and busted. But I like it. It gives it a little extra flair.
I am hoping the paint helps the slip stick to the fabric instead of cracking and flaking off.
I'm going to get a few more pieces of black fabric and make a couple more.

No comments:

Post a Comment